AMI Orientation Course
The AMI Orientation Course offers an introduction to the developmental characteristics and needs of children at the various age levels. The AMI Orientation Course supports understanding of the developmental stage (for a particular age group: 0-3, 3-6, 6-12) for parents, caregivers, school staff, or any individual seeking general knowledge about Montessori developmental theory and education. Theory, practical applications, readings and discussion are a part of each age group offering. The AMI Orientation Course is a 60-hour course with an additional 9 hours for Observation. Successful participation in all Orientation Course Requirements leads to award of the AMI Orientation Course ‘Certificate of Completion’ for the relevant age level.
The Montessori Training Center Northeast endeavors to offer multiple AMI Orientation Courses throughout the year for each age grouping. The Orientation Courses will be scheduled for delivery using either as face-to-face (in-person), blended or fully-online formats.
- To gain general knowledge of the Montessori approach to childhood development and education
- To explore how an adult can best support optimal development for this age group in any environment and as needed, to identify and remove obstacles to optimal development
- To understand the unique nature of the [age grouping]-year-old child’s mind (the Absorbent Mind), the powers for development active at this stage, and the needs and characteristics of children at this stage of development
- To understand the general importance of Observation as a basis for providing developmental support of [age grouping]-year-old children in any environment
AMI Assistants Course Adjunct
In addition, the Montessori Training Center Northeast provides the AMI Assistants Course Adjunct for those seeking a practical experience regarding the Role of an Adult as an Assistant in a Montessori Prepared environment. The Assistants Course Adjunct is offered to supplement the AMI Orientation Course at the corresponding age level. Receipt of the AMI Orientation Course Certificate of Completion at the relevant age level is required to participate in the AMI Assistants Course Adjunct at the corresponding age level. The AMI Assistants Adjunct is a 20-hour course and can only be facilitated onsite, face-to-face. Successful participation in all Assistants Course Adjunct Requirements leads to an award of the AMI Assistants Course ‘Certificate of Completion’ for the relevant age grouping.
- To explore the Role of an Assistant in a Montessori Prepared Environment for ages [age grouping] under the direction of an individual holding an AMI 3–6 Diploma
- To develop skills to create a successful partnership with the lead adult in the Montessori Prepared Environment for ages [age grouping]
- To explore ways to develop relationships of mutual respect and trust with [age grouping]-year-old children in the Montessori Prepared Environment
- To understand the pedagogical techniques employed in the Montessori Prepared Environment for ages [age grouping]
The AMI Orientation Course and AMI Assistants Course Adjunct may be offered separately or as a fully integrated offering.
Please see the current offerings listed below by age group.
Upcoming Orientation Courses:
Orientation Course with Assistants Course Adjunct: 3-6
Satellite Location: Antigua Montessori School, Guatemala
Course Dates: November 27, 2023 – December 15, 2023
Auxiliary Trainer: Veronica Burbano
Delivery Method: Blended (online and live in Spanish)
Cost: $1,200.00 USD
Special Discount: $750 USD for all Central American Residents
(Guatemala, Honduras, Belize, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama)
- Online Course Schedule:
Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays & Fridays
3:00 PM – 5:15 PM CST synchronous, online engagement
Week 1: November 27, 2023 – December 1, 2023
Week 2: December 4, 2023- December 8, 2023
- In-person Schedule:
Monday – Friday
9:00 AM- 4:00 PM CST Live in-person engagement
Week 3: December 11, 2023 – December 15, 2023
This course is being delivered in partnership with the:
~All live sessions will be delivered at the Antigua Montessori School –Km 52 Carretera a San Miguel Dueñas, Ciudad Vieja, Sacatepequez, Guatemala
Students will be awarded the AMI Orientation Course Certificate of Completion & AMI Assistants Course Adjunct Certificate of Completion upon completion of course requirements.
REGISTRATION CLOSED NOVEMBER 22, 2023
MTCNE can provide a Montessori Orientation designed to meet the needs and schedule of your community. The Orientation Courses are available at the 0-3, 3-6, and 6-12 levels. These courses can also be translated. For more information or to set up a free consultation, please reach out to Courtney Reim at email@example.com.